Win Our Restaurant contest entry fee. Please read the description below for full details.
Win Our Restaurant – Entry Fee
- Our fully operational turn-key 50 seat restaurant with an open kitchen and a beer and wine license
- The lease paid for up to one year (the first 12 months), an $83,000 value (not a cash prize)
- $20,000 (not a cash prize) in working capital to help cover expenses up to one year (the first 12 months)
- 120 hours of mentoring available, if requested, from the current owner/chef Jeff Snyder who has 35 plus years of experience in this industry
- Our loyal customer base
What do I need to do to win?
- Submit a one-page overview of your general concept for the restaurant you want to run, submitted in PDF format. (Note: you do not win the Pace recipe book – we want the winner to make it his or her own restaurant.)
- Tell us your story in a short video and explain why you should be chosen as the winner of our restaurant. You post the video to YouTube and provide the link to us. The YouTube video with the most views will automatically be one of the top 10 finalists.
- Pay the $500.00 entry fee.
How is the winner determined?
- 10 contestants will be selected from the pool of entries on May 16, 2014 and notified via email
- The YouTube contest video with the most likes/thumbs ups will automatically be placed in the top 10
- Judging for the top 5 will be held on Sunday May 18, 2014 by our panel of food service professionals who are:
- Bob Lovejoy, owner of Three Pickles Deli, and the Pickle Room
- Christina Delgado, of Delgado’s Mexican Food
- Rob Malanca, Malanca Wines, owner/wine broker
- George Yatchisin, Food Writer for the Santa Barbara Independent
- Alex Jones, Sales Manager, Figueroa Brewing Company
- Kim and Jeff Snyder, owners of Pace Food and Drink
- The top 5 will be announced on Monday May 19, 2014 via email and required to come to Santa Barbara, California to meet the owners, and do a walkthrough of the restaurant on Saturday May 31, 2014
- The top 5 will be required to cook a sample dish for the judges on Sunday June 1, 2014
- The winner will be chosen and announced by the judges after the cooking segment and deliberations that will take place on Sunday June 1, 2014.